[step-manufacturing] First results for the Renton/Kirkland/Vancouver meetings

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri May 22 09:58:50 EDT 2009

All,

The reports made by Mitutoyo showing the results of the touch probe
measurements made for the Moldy parts have been posted to the ftp site.

ftp://ftp.steptools.com/private/Vancouver/meeting/results/FANUC.PDF
ftp://ftp.steptools.com/private/Vancouver/meeting/results/Boeing%20Okuma%203AXIS.PDF
ftp://ftp.steptools.com/private/Vancouver/meeting/results/CCAT.PDF
ftp://ftp.steptools.com/private/Vancouver/meeting/results/KTH.PDF
ftp://ftp.steptools.com/private/Vancouver/meeting/results/SCANIA.PDF

The minutes for our meetings in Renton, Kirkland and Parksville have
also been posted. The recommendation is to have another round of
machining testing that will end at the SC1 meeting in Bath in the
week of September 21 to 25.

ftp://ftp.steptools.com/private/Vancouver/meeting/results/T24%20Renton,%20Kirkland,%20Parksville%20Minutes.ppt

Two parts will be machined.

The Moldy part will be machined again using the lessons learned from
this round of testing. We would like to encourage as many
organizations as possible to machine this part in this round and
software is going to be put onto the STEP Tools web site to make this possible.

A new part called Boxy will also be machined. This part will contain
data made by multiple CAM systems and it will be machined in four
setups so that we can test the procedures necessary to enable this
kind of machining.

For more details on the plans for both parts see the minutes.

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader STEP-Manufacturing