[step-manufacturing] Update regarding the Sandvik days, March 10-11th, of the STEP Manufacturing meeting.

bengt.olsson at sandvik.com bengt.olsson at sandvik.com
Wed Feb 27 06:22:26 EST 2008

FYI,

Update regarding the Sandvik days, March 10-11th, of the STEP
Manufacturing meeting.

Early morning on Monday February 25th, there was a fire in the Prototype
workshop and Application Center at Sandvik Coromant. Unfortunately, two of
the machines which we intended to use for demonstrations were damage. So
far we know that they have suffered corosion damage and will not be in
running condition by the time of the meeting. Fortunately no people were
hurt and the Conference room as well as the Productivity Center was not
damaged and is still fully operational.

We will still be able to demonstrate actual and virtual tool assembly, CMM
probing as well as actual machining (of different part) in a multi task
machine showing both turning and milling operations as well as in-machine
probing prior to final cut in order to maintain a close tolerance.

See attached press release and updated information about available
resourses during the first two days of the meeting.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in March!
Best Regards,

Bengt Olsson
Sandvik Tooling Sverige AB, TTLP
Office Phone: +46 26-266691

This e-mail is confidential and it is intended only for the addressees.
Any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by
telephone or e-mail and delete the message from your system. The sender
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of
this message which may arise as a result of the e-mail transmission.