[step-manufacturing] Meeting schedule for WG7 and SC1 inFrankfurt/Germany

Xun Xu x.xu at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Aug 21 22:55:27 EDT 2007

Hi! everyone,
It seems to me that this issue does warrant some discussion at the
Frankfurt meeting. I can see there are a few fronts at which the matter
may be addressed:

   1.  From the inventor’s point of view (e.g. Prof. Suh’s group),
      his/her intellectual properties ought to be protected and
      incentivised, through patents for example. Being in the similar
      working environment as Prof. Suh's, I know all too well about this
      issue.
   2.  From the end user point of view, the patent or anything that may
      prohibit anyone from implementing a standard is certainly not
      desirable.
   3.  From the ISO point of view, anything that might contravene ISO's
      true spirit and underlying principle should not have a place.

 From Prof. Suh's email, I can see he has given some considerations to
these issues.

Regards

Xun W Xu (PhD)