[step-manufacturing] 2Pm Friday 8th telcon on AP-238 Testing

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Thu Jan 20 12:30:33 EST 2005

All,

Date: 1-21-05 Friday
Time: 2:00-3:00 PM (EST), 1:00-2:00 PM (CST), 11:00-12:00 Noon (PST)
Dial in number: 425-717-7000 or 206-544-4444 or 866-350-0777
Passcode: 23406#

The agenda:
1. Progress report on testing the AP-238 files produced by the four CAM systems on the two controls.
2. Review of action items.
3. How to name the two components used to implement STEP-NC.

The first component converts CAM data to AP-238 CC1. It fits into the process at the location normally reserved for the Postprocessor and we could call it the STEP-NC Post. However, reducing/eliminating the post is an important part of our message so do we call it the Post, the STEP-NC Post, the LastPost or something else?

The second component converts AP-238 CC1 to TCP Motion codes for the control. The component can be called by the DNC or the Operator (via a User Interface). We have been calling it the Converter to emphasize how easy it is to implement and port between controls (provided they are TCP). We could also call it the Loader but loading is an activity usually performed by the DNC.