[st-users] Test

Rick Kramer kramer at steptools.com
Mon May 11 09:38:08 EDT 1998

TC> Does anyone have a solution to the problem of slow part21 file reading when
TC> using Java/SDAI. I believe Steptools are working on another part21filer class.
TC> Would anyone like to hazard a guess when this will be available.

I'm working on a Pure Java Part 21 solution, but I haven't really
gotten far enough along with the project to be able to guess at a
release date.

For now my best advice is to try to limit the size of the files you
need to read, using the serialized format where possible and our C++
tools where you need to.  Note that the Java ROSE binding is a wrapper
around the ROSE C++ libraries and should give you similar performance.

					-rick

--
Rick Kramer
STEP Tools, Inc.