STEP Tools news for Wednesday, November 15

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Wed Nov 15 16:13:30 EST 2000

This newsletter is a brief update of what is going on in STEP and
at STEP Tools, Inc.  If you want to know more, try the STEP Tools
web site (http://www.steptools.com).

--------------------------------
STEP-NC article the most popular

Modern Machine Shop magazine has a circulation of more than 105,000.
They also put all their articles on a web site. In July the magazine
featured an article on STEP-NC and the editor has just informed us
that this article has been getting the most hits.

    http://www.mmsonline.com/articles/070001.html

SOAP XML Demonstration at STEP-NC "Super Model" meeting

The first day of the Super Model meeting will feature a demonstration
of STEP-NC in which a CAM system will be used to build a STEP-NC
database, and a Bridgeport Controller will be used to manufacture a
part from that database.

The second day of meeting will show SOAP being used to communicate
STEP XML data between a client and a server. The client application
will send messages to the server using XML and the SOAP protocols.
The server will send back STEP data coded in the CEB/SOAP XML
format. In the second year of Super Model we will update our CAM
system (FB Mach) so that it can be the server and the Controller can
be the client.

    http://www.steptools.com/library/stepnc/test-data.html

--------------------------------------
New schedule includes class on STEP-NC

For those that want to find out how to add STEP-NC to their CAM and NC
Controller applications. The dates for our traditional Introduction
CAD, PDM and EXPRESS classes are also shown.

    http://www.steptools.com/training/

-------------------------
New short names on server

We have generated our first new short names and added them to the
short name server. The new schemas are called

MATHEMATICAL_CONTEXT and MATHEMATICAL_DESCRIPTION_OF_DISTRIBUTION

The short name server can be found at the following URL:

    http://www.steptools.com/short_names/

In the near future we will be updating the translation service
to generate short name samples for new EXPRESS schema over
the World Wide Web.

-------------------
Translation Service

Not so good this week. Time to offer another sacrifice!

Period Covered: Sun Nov  5 03:25:04 2000 -- Sun Nov 12 03:25:04 2000
Total usage: 72
Successful usage: 64 (88%)
Errors: 8 (11%)

Translator			total	errors	success rate

ACIS to STEP:		18	4	77%
STEP to ACIS:		18	0	100%
Parasolid to STEP:	4	0	100%
STEP to Parasolid:	3	2	33%
STEP to XML:		14	2	85%
Visualization tools:	13	0	100%

=======================================
All-Time stats

------------------------------------
Period Covered: Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969 -- Sun Nov 12 03:25:41 2000
Total usage: 10953
Successful usage: 9722 (88%)
Errors: 1231 (11%)

Translator			total	errors	success rate

ACIS to STEP:		2588	61	97%
STEP to ACIS:		3531	248	92%
STEP to XML:		87	18	79%
AP203 Checker:		685	48	92%
EXPRESS Checker:		11	1	90%
Parasolid to STEP:	421	121	71%
STEP to Parasolid:	504	143	71%
STEP to XML:		443	35	92%
Visualization tools:	595	146	75%
Visualization Service:	132	18	86%
XML to STEP:		101	21	79%

---------
Resellers

Resellers for STEP Tools products are available in the following
geographic areas.  Please contact us if you would like further
information.

--France
	Simulog, Sophia Antipolis Cedex
--Germany
	EuroSTEP GmbH, Bad Aibling
--Sweden
	EuroSTEP AB, Stockholm
--United Kingdom
	CADDETC, Leeds
	EuroSTEP UK, Denbigh
--China
	C-STEP, Beijing
--Japan
	Open Systems, Inc., Tokyo
--Korea
	Mani Information Systems, Inc.
--Taiwan
	Exartech International Corp., Taipei
	Axxon Technology, Taipei
	INTEXS International,Virgina Beach Va.

---------------------------
Tools From STEP Tools, Inc.

The world's foremost firms use the STEP Tools product line to help
them share engineering product information.  Over one million people
use product data applications built with ST-Developer, the company's
flagship product.  In response to this international popularity,
ST-Repository is a database for e-manufacturing developed for the
growing number of mid-sized to large corporations that need to share
design and manufacturing information on the Internet.

Database Tools:
* ST-Repository -- Global teaming XML database for design and
  manufacturing projects with services for Internet Translation,
  Universal Visualization and Enterprise Integration.

Programming Tools:
* ST-Developer -- programming tools for writing STEP
  applications, translators and databases.

* ST-ACIS Library -- programming functions to convert STEP data
  to and from ACIS models and SAT files.

* ST-Parasolid Library -- programming functions to convert STEP
  data to and from Parasolid models.

Desktop Tools:
* ST-ACIS Translator -- desktop tool for translating STEP data to
  ACIS and vice versa.

* ST-Parasolid Translator -- desktop tool for translating STEP
  data to Parasolid and vice versa.

* ST-Viewer -- desktop tool to view, analyze and check the
  accuracy of STEP data.

== ST-Announce Administrative Notes ==================================