STEP Tools Weekly Newsletter for January 18

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Mon Jan 18 15:58:46 EST 1999

This weekly newsletter is a brief update of what is going on in STEP
and at STEP Tools, Inc.  If you want to know more, try the STEP Tools
web site (http://www.steptools.com).

--------------------
Release Notes for ST-Developer v7 on our web site

The release notes for ST-Developer v7 have been put onto our web
site! Goto the home page or URL below to find information on the
following subjects:

     1.1 ST-Developer Version 7
     1.2 Supported Platforms
     1.3 All Electronic Documentation
     1.4 AP-203 "Mystery" Tutorials
     1.5 EXPRESS-G Improvements
     1.6 Advanced EXPRESS Compiler
     1.7 EXPRESS to HTML Converter
     1.8 AP-203 Conformance Checking Tool
     1.9 Windows Part 21 Browser
     1.10 STEP to XML Converter
     1.11 Part 21 Filter Library
     1.12 SDAI C DIS Binding
     1.13 ROSE C++ Library

The release notes are at:

   http://www.steptools.com/products/stdev/relnotes_v7/

--------------------
ISO STEP Meeting in San Francisco

The San Francisco meeting of ISO TC184/SC4 begins next week in San
Francisco. It will be a busy week for Working Group 11 because the
following New Work Item proposals are going to be reviewed by the
Change Management Committee.

       EXPRESS-X Mapping Language
       Java binding of the SDAI
       Part 21 Ammendment

All of the New Work Items are aimed at enabling the next generation of
STEP data sharing over the Internet. They encapusulate the lessons
learned in the National Industrial Information Infrstructure Protocols
project and similar projects in the last five years.

--------------------
STEP Tools Exhibit at ISO STEP Meeting

We will be holding a small exhibition on Sunday January 24 in the
evening, somewhere in the hotel lobby (close to the reception).

Please come by and talk to us if you want to know more about
ST-Developer v7, ST-WebExchange or any of our other products.  We have
some new literature that you may find useful and for the first time in
many meetings we are going to be giving away souvenirs :-)

--------------------
Translation Service at 98% this week

We had a very good week! Only one error in one tool.

Period Covered: Sun Jan 10 03:25:03 1999 -- Sun Jan 17 03:25:03 1999
Total usage: 59
Successful usage: 58 (98%)
Errors: 1 (1%)

Translator	total	errors	success rate

acis-ap203	5	0	100%
ap203-acis	16	0	100%
ap203-vrml	4	0	100%
ap203-xml	7	0	100%
ap203check	12	1	91%
expfront2	4	0	100%
express2html	1	0	100%
gifviz		3	0	100%
steptoimage	7	0	100%

=======================================
All-Time stats

------------------------------------
Period Covered: Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969 -- Sun Jan 17 03:25:12 1999
Total usage: 2694
Successful usage: 2347 (87%)
Errors: 347 (12%)

Translator	total	errors	success rate

acis-ap203	546	17	96%
ap203-acis	993	116	88%
ap203-stl	55	20	63%
ap203-vrml	303	83	72%
ap203-xml	70	12	82%
ap203check	88	12	86%
expfront	124	17	86%
expfront2	49	0	100%
express2html	204	0	100%
expxfront	11	1	90%
gifviz		58	24	58%
iges-ap202	10	0	100%
sp203-xml	13	2	84%
steptoimage	170	43	74%

--------------------
WELCOME NEW AND REPEAT CUSTOMERS IN DECEMBER 1998!

Chonbuk National university - 1 ST-Developer
Ecole Polytecnique Federale - 1 ST-Developer
EDF - 1 ST Developer
Fanuc Robotics - 1 ST-Developer
GAP Gemini Sverige AB - 1 ST-Developer
Inha University - 1 ST-Developer
National Computer Systems Pte. Ltd - 1 ST-Developer
National Defense Management College - 1 ST-Developer
National Taipei University of Technology - 1 ST-Developer
Politecnico Di Torino - 2 ST-Developer
Rockwell - 1 ST-Developer
Sumitomo Heavy Industry - 1 ST-Developer
Tanger Computersystems - ST-Developer, ST-ACIS, ST-Visualizer, ST-WebPublisher
Toyo Engineering Corp - 1 ST-Developer
Oklahoma State Universty - 1 ST-Developer
WestWeit Bau Gmbh - 1 ST-Developer

== ST-Announce Administrative Notes ==================================