STEP Tools Weekly Newsletter for August 10

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Mon Aug 10 17:41:32 EDT 1998

This weekly newsletter is a brief update of what is going on in STEP
and at STEP Tools, Inc.  If you want to know more, try the STEP Tools
web site (http://www.steptools.com) or the contact for each article.

--------------------
ST-Developer v7

Release 7 of ST-Developer will concentrate on making the existing tool
set even more efficient and reliable.  Some scheduled improvements are
listed below. If you have any suggestions for further enhancements
please let us know.

- EXPRESS Compiler
	- HTML frame generation
	- More type checking
	- Dynamic linking of USE/REFERENCE schemas
- EXPRESS-G Compiler and Editor
	- Diagram generation for working sets
	- Bookmarks and annotations
	- Browsing using forward and backward entity references
- C++ Library
	- Less memory required for databases
	- Faster access to entity instances
	- Support for Far East character sets
- SDAI C
	- Schema instance validation
	- Optional REAL and INTEGER
	- AP-203 validation library
- Part 21 I/O Library
	- Support for upcoming ISO Amendment
	- Multiple data sections
	- String pre-processing library
- Other
	- Visual Editor for MS Windows

--------------------
EXPRESS-X for AP-224 and ISO 14649

Several of you noticed that last weeks URL for this article last week
was wrong. Most of you got there from our homepage anyway but here is
a correction just in case.

      http://www.steptools.com/projects/express-x/homepage.html

--------------------
Translation Service Statistics

The following is a usage summary for our translation service.
For more information see http://www.steptools.com/translate

	Total usage: 994
	Successful usage: 650 (65%)
	Errors: 344 (34%)

--------------------
Why Customers Prefer our Products

STEP Tools, Inc. software is installed at over 300 sites on a wide
variety of UNIX and PC boxes. It is used in commercial CAD, CAM, CAE
tools like Unigraphics, Bentley, 3D-Eye/Trispectives, Alias/Wavefront,
Hitachi Zosen, Bridgeport Controls and Tecnomatix.  You can find a
list of reasons why people prefer our products at:

    http://www.steptools.com/products/stdev/reasons.html

--------------------
Resellers

Resellers for STEP Tools products are available in the following
geographic areas.  Please contact us if you would like further
information.

--North America
	Integrated Engineering Solutions, Iowa City IA
--France
	Espri Concept, Sophia Antipolis Cedex
--Germany
	EuroSTEP GmbH, Bad Aibling