[wg11] Vico Equense review of the International Standard for Part 21 Edition 3

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Sun Mar 29 22:11:28 EDT 2015

All,

A draft of the International Standard for Part 21 Edition 3 has been
posted to the URL below and meeting rooms have been reserved for a
review in Vico Equense on April 20 and 21.

http://www.steptools.com/library/standard/IS_draft_p21e3.html

Two known issues that remain are

1. How to specify the algorithm being used for the message digest in the
schema population (see clause 8.2.5)
2. Whether we should define a series of conformance classes to guide
implementor's on how to adopt the new standard, or if we should leave it
as something to be decided by the implementation forums (who may have
different opinions on the priorities).

I look forward to a productive meeting in Vico.

Martin Hardwick
Editor Part 21 Edition 3
Team Leader ISO STEP-Manufacturing
President STEP Tools, Inc.