[wg11] Minutes of July 29th conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Wed Jul 30 15:18:52 EDT 2014

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com <mailto:hardwick at steptools.com>

Robert Lipman robert.lipman at nist.gov <mailto:robert.lipman at nist.gov>

Dave Loffredo loffredo at steptools.com <mailto:loffredo at steptools.com>

Ed Paff ejp at transcendata.com <mailto:ejp at transcendata.com>

Jochen Fritz jfritz at steptools.com <mailto:jfritz at steptools.com>

Jochen Boy jochen.boy at prostep.com <mailto:jochen.boy at prostep.com>

Thomas Hedberg thomas.hedberg at nist.gov <mailto:thomas.hedberg at nist.gov>

We discussed supporting multiple digital signatures in one file for
co-signing and counter-signing. Both applications are important but it
seems unlikely that users will want to add additional data between
signatures in the near term.

We discussed using signatures to maintain referential integrity between
files. Digital fingerprints are typically used for this activity because
they are shorter and easier for users to manage. A template for finger
prints was included in the Schema_population header entity in the Draft
International Standard but the idea was not fully developed.

We will make a proposal for supporting digital fingerprints in the next
conference call and develop more scenarios.