[wg11] EXPRESS (DERIVEd) attribute redeclaration question

Lothar Klein lothar.klein at lksoft.com
Fri Jun 1 16:27:18 EDT 2012

It has been always this way.
And the classical example is that if an entity A has an explicit
INTEGER attribute and two subtypes B and C. In B the attribute is
redeclared to be an odd number and in C to be an even number and there
is an entity D that is a subtype of both, B and C then all this is
valid Express. But it is not possible to construct a valid instance of
D because you won't find an integer value that is both an odd and an even
number simultaneously.

Lothar