[wg11] [Fwd: TC Technology Recommendations]

Ed Barkmeyer edbark at nist.gov
Thu Sep 4 11:37:31 EDT 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: TC Technology Recommendations
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 09:47:06 -0400
From: Fred Waskiewicz <wask at omg.org>
To: ab at omg.org, dtc at omg.org, ptc at omg.org

OMG Members:

I am pleased to announce that the following technologies have been
recommended for adoption by the Technology Committees.

By the DTC:
     * Reference Metamodel for EXPRESS Information Modeling Language RFC

[This standardizes an XMI (ISO 19502) exchange form for EXPRESS schemas.
  The primary use is for formal mappings to languages like UML and OWL,
e.g., an executable formalization of Part 25.]

By the PTC:
     * Abstract Syntax Tree Metamodel (ASTM) Revised Submission

[This standard was developed by toolsmiths who do software analysis.
Bernd Wenzel has suggested that we may want to align the metamodel for
Expression in the EXPRESS metamodel with this one.]

     * SysML 1.1 RTF Final Report

The next step in the adoption process for these technologies is the
Vote to Recommend to the Board of Directors by the Business Committee
at their Orlando meeting. Upon BC recommendation, a Vote to Adopt by
the Board of Directors will be conducted electronically.