[wg11] Extending enumeration datatypes and implicit interfacing

Andy Carpenter Andy.Carpenter at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Aug 10 05:19:15 EDT 2005

Phil,

    Having looked at example 3 in Clause 8.4.1, the rule that the
based-on datatype of enumeration datatypes is implicitly interfaced
is what I would expect.

    What I'm not sure about is what happens to the enumeration items
of implicitly interfaced enumerations. In the example below from the
viewpoint of s3, e1 is implicitly interfaced. In this case is the item i1
available in the viewpoint? i.e. is the v1 local variable declaration valid?

    Andy.

schema s1;
type e1 = enumeration of (i1);
end_type;
end_schema;

schema s2;
reference from s1 (e1);
type e2 = enumeration based_on e1 with (i2);
end_type;
end_schema;

schema s3;
reference from s2(e2);
type e3 = enumeration based_on e2 with (i3);
end_type;
procedure p1;
  local
    v1 : e3 := i1;