[wg11] SEDS for EXPRESS (10303-11:2004)

Ed Barkmeyer edbark at nist.gov
Tue May 17 13:15:19 EDT 2005

Ed Barkmeyer wrote:

> Part and Clause where Issue Originates: Part 11, clause 12.10
> Proposed Solution (Optional):
>
> Note:  These proposed changes assume that a partial complex entity
> value ...  is converted to an entity instance only when it is assigned.
> ... [five areas of change]

Whilst looking up the text of entity definitions for Lothar's proposed
changes, I found a 6th bit of text that would need to be changed.

6.  In clause 9.2, the paragraph before the Syntax box reads:
"An entity instance may only be created in EXPRESS by means of an entity
constructor (see 9.2.6) or a complex entity construction operator (see
12.10)."

Replace this paragraph with:
"In general, the means by which entity instances are created is outside
the scope of the EXPRESS language.  An entity instance may, however, be
created in EXPRESS by means of a constant definition, a derived
attribute specification, an assignment statement, or a function call
(see 12.13)."

-Ed

Edward J. Barkmeyer                        Email: edbark at nist.gov
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8264                Tel: +1 301-975-3528
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8264                FAX: +1 301-975-4694