[wg11] SC4 request to review OWL use

David Price david.price at eurostep.com
Tue May 17 11:56:03 EDT 2005

All,

With respect to the potential of standardizing OWL classes within ISO STEP
Modules for use in data exchange, I worked up a small example of one
possibility. These classes would be used in conjunction with the
"External_class" concept already in a STEP Module. This example follows the
PLCS DEX practice of defining the external classes (i.e. reference data) as
subclasses of an OWL class mapped directly from the EXPRESS entity type.

Cheers,
David