[wg11] Re: [step-os] Using STEPMod XML Representation of EXPRESS

Fumiki Tanaka ftanaka at ssi.ist.hokudai.ac.jp
Fri Sep 10 00:38:20 EDT 2004

Dear every Part28-ed2 developers.

I'm commentator of JP5. Because of the request, I will mention about the
comments.

1) Relationship between JP4 and JP5
There is no relation between JP4 and JP5.
In JP4 I required the precise examples of the EXPRESS and XML.
On the other hand, I need only specification of the form of XML documents
containing EXPRESS schemas using more meaningful tags in JP5.

2)Usage of Part28ed2 EXPRESS and requirement.

My plan to use Part28ed2 is as follows.

EXPRESS--<tool>-->Part28ed2 --<XSLT>-->XML Schema
                                                                     -->(Rel
axNG) : I don't have plan now.
                                                                     -->XMI
                                                                     -->Docu
ment

I need some stable and translative representation for XSLT.

Sorry, I don't know the stepmod representation, I cannot judge the stepmod
rep. is better or not.
However, if that representation can map to these schemas using XSLT, this is
OK.

Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
Hokkaido University, JAPAN
Fumiki Tanaka
ftanaka at ssi.ist.hokudai.ac.jp