[wg11] Session at Bath STEP Meeting on STEP and Semantic Web/OWL

David Price david.price at eurostep.com
Tue Jun 29 07:57:34 EDT 2004

All,

This is a reminder/announcement of the session at the STEP meeting in Bath
next week on STEP and the Semantic Web, with a focus on the use of the Web
Ontology Language (OWL). The session is planned for Thursday July 8 from
13:00 to 17:00.

The topics for discussion are:

- using OWL for reference data;

- the relationship between OWL and EXPRESS;

- the relationship between EXPRESS and UML and the UML Profile for OWL;

- use of native OWL for STEP-based data exchange;

- proper use of STEP for knowledge representation/Semantic Web applications.

If anyone has a contribution, paper or presentation they would like to make
at the session please let me know so I can plan the agenda. Everyone
welcome!

Cheers,

David

Phone +44 207 704 0499