Unused selects in SHTOLO

Günter Staub staub at pdtec.de
Mon Oct 13 05:01:33 EDT 2003

Rob,

some time ago I proposed this behaviour, but there was some objections
against it (but I do not remember when and from whom).
I do not have a real problem to provide a switch for allowing to prune
unused types, but in this case the possibility should be mentioned (as a
note?) somewhere in the Annex of the EXPRESS LRM (either as a last step in
the longform generation or during the EXPRESS:1994 transformation).

Question: what about other unused types, unused functions, constants, etc.
which do not result from the long form generation? We need a very clear
answer here also.

Rgds,
Gunter

Dr. Guenter Staub             Fon:   +49-721-61844-11
Haid-und-Neu-Str. 7           Fax:   +49-721-61844-19
D-76131 Karlsruhe             Email: staub at pdtec.de
Germany                       Web:   www.pdtec.de