SC4: P11e2 for final WG11 review (a super short one)

David Price david.price at eurostep.com
Thu May 1 10:46:06 EDT 2003

Just a minor issue but... when removing E2 select and enum items not
allowed in the E1 LF set of possible select lists items, negative rules
are written. Wouldn't it be more useful to state the rule positively so
that readers could see what was allowed rather than having to subtract
one list of names from another? Also, wouldn't a single rule be clearer
to a reader?

So, rather than

TYPE general_approval = ENUMERATION OF
(approved, rejected, pending, cancelled, rework);
END_TYPE;

TYPE domain2_approval = general_approval;
WHERE
wr1 : SELF <> cancelled;
wr2 : SELF <> rework;
END_TYPE;

You'd have

TYPE domain2_approval = general_approval;
WHERE
wr1 : (SELF = approved) OR (SELF = rejected) OR (SELF = pending);
END_TYPE;

Cheers,
David

Eurostep Limited