Final technical agreement sought for EXPRESS 2

Phil Spiby Phil.Spiby at eurostep.com
Thu Apr 17 09:46:15 EDT 2003

Folks,

There are two technical issues on the short to long form generator that, as
far as I can, see there was no recorded agreement.

1. Distinction of first and second class entities in the longform.
This was proposed and there were discussions around how to form the required
global rule(s). This is not currently in the draft, but I haven't seen where
the agreement to pull it from the draft was taken.
I would prefer to see this in the document, but if there has been agreement
to remove it, or if there is no agreement on how to do it available in the
next week, then I suggest we leave things as they are. Although I feel this
is another opportunity to do things correctly which has gone begging!

2. Mapping of comments.
This has also been discussed and Peter pointed out that since there was no
association of comments it was impossible. However, the tagged comment
capability provides an association, which could be mapped through.
I suggest we map through tagged comments, and all other comments are dropped
(as done at present).

Phil

Dr. Phil Spiby               Tel: +44 1623 522940
Eurostep Limited             Fax: +44 1623 522940
73 Columbia Avenue           Mobile: +44 7785 990352
Sutton-in-Ashfield           Email:Phil.Spiby at Eurostep.com
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2GZ
United Kingdom