WG11N191: Requirements for the second edition of SDAI

David Price david.price at eurostep.com
Wed Feb 20 15:53:51 EST 2002

Lothar,

Actually, there's already a SDAI Version 2 WG11 requirements document from a
couple of years ago. Should be in the document log somewhere. As for this
specific paper, all I'm suggesting is that it be made clear that there are
inputs to a requirements gathering process and there are outputs from that
process and that this document is an input that has no agreement within WG11
yet.

Please forgive my sensitivity on this. A few years ago someone showed up
with what looked like the next edition of an SC4 standard (the cover,
everything looked exactly like an agreed standard) when in fact it was only
their view, not anyone's consensus.  This caused quite a bit of confusion
all around.

Cheers,
David