So you say you want a revolution

Bernd G. Wenzel bg_wenzel at csi.com
Thu Oct 25 13:19:21 EDT 2001

Martin,

you've ignoring an important piece of the puzzle.

Your entity APPROVAL below is syntactically incorrect. Only
ABSTRACT entities are allowed to have generic types for
attributes. This way we can factor out the commonalities while
being specific on the instanciable level.

IMHO, this is the best compromise between the traditional
specificity of STEP and the genericity of other approaches. When
it comes to instances and implementation, we know what we're
dealing with. On the other side we give implementors the
opportunity to benefit from structural equivalences where they
wish to.

Does this help?

:-) Bernd

Bernd G. Wenzel