[wg11-owl] Re: Paper: Criticism of the STEP ApplicationModule approach

David Price david.price at eurostep.com
Thu Jun 9 11:40:51 EDT 2005

Hi David L,

I saw on a WG3/WG12 agenda that you will explain how OWL and 15926 can
address the issues raised in the paper.

I think the larger problem is really organizational or perhaps
architectural. For example, if you gave each separate AP/modules team 15926
as OWL and told them to go off and model you'd get completely different
results for the same scope. Who then would force them to harmonize across
multiple domains and who's going to fund them to do so? Harmonization costs
money and time both of which are ususally short in an AP project.

Do you have associated organizational or procedural changes in mind? Can
this really work in SC4 as it's constitued today? Could this be done better
outside SC4 (e.g. in OMG or OASIS)?

Just asking questions...

Cheers,
David P