ISO18876

chris.angus at btinternet.com chris.angus at btinternet.com
Tue May 21 06:44:46 EDT 2002

Dear Andries

I think that the notion of property as a class (or a universal), whilst somewhat contentious, does not arise in the way that you suggest.  I would not wish to say "they have individual properties", rather I would wish to say that "they individually have properties".  I do not believe that the notion of property as a class arises from the shorthand of "sharing" a property via the class of object - it can still be regarded as not an individual (according to common philsophical usage) if it is possessed by objects that are individuals.

Regards
Chris Angus