Saturday WG10 Harmonisation Team Meeting in Fukuoka - please reply quickly

Günter Staub staub at pdtec.de
Wed Aug 29 04:41:12 EDT 2001

Chris,

as you may know, we are doing here in Germany some work related to modules
in our joint WG of the ProSTEP Association and the VDA. As a result of that
work I will present some result of that WG at the next ISO Meeting in
Fukuoka, Japan. Among these result are:

- Comparison of the PDM schema with the PDM modules suite
- Existing problems with respect to compatibility between the PDM schema and
the PDM modules suite
- Proposals for improvements

These results are mainly based on the usage of a new generation of tools:
- Long form generator for modules specified on EXPRESS V2
- Schema Compare: A tool for comparing two EXPRESS (V2) schemata and
pointing out incompatibilities at different levels (identical, equivalent,
compatible, not P21 compatible, ...)

I will be happy to present the results described above at the WG10 meeting -
but I do not have any confirmed flight yet :-(

Kind regards,
Guenter

Dr. Guenter Staub             Fon:   +49-721-9658-673
Haid-und-Neu-Str. 7           Fax:   +49-721-9658-263
D-76131 Karlsruhe             Email: staub at pdtec.de
Germany                       Web:   www.pdtec.de