Part 25, UML and BAG or LIST

Bernd G. Wenzel Bernd.Wenzel at eurostep.com
Mon Mar 12 14:19:35 EST 2001

Dave,

about a year ago, there was a discussion between the ISO 19103
team (including myself) with OMG's UML gurus. The consensus there
was, that the word set is used in its common sense, not its
mathematical sense in the UML spec. In other words, a UML set is
a collection, where duplicates are allowed.

Another recommendation was to use tagged values to express
optionality and uniqueness. This is however only useful in the
case of a UML profile.

:-) Bernd