UML in JTC 1 Ballot

Bernd G. Wenzel bernd.wenzel at eurostep.com
Mon Jul 31 19:59:40 EDT 2000

Howard and Gerry,

 UML is currently under Ballot within JTC 1 as

 ISO/IEC DIS 19501-1 "Information technology -- Unified Modeling
Language (UML) --  Part 1: Specification
 The Ballot has started on: 00-04-13
 and will be finished on:     00-10-13
 More Information may be found und the URL:

http://isotc.iso.ch/livelink/livelink/fetch/2000/2489/Ittf_Home/I
TTF.htm

 SC 4 has decided during the Melbourne meeting on the following
resolution:

 "RESOLUTION 445 (Melbourne, Australia-February, 2000)
 UML
 SC4 encourages OMG to accept interoperability between UML and
EXPRESS
 (ISO 10303-11) as a mandatory requirement in the UML 2.0
development
 effort.

 SC4 directs its WGs 10 and 11 to work closely with OMG,
especially the
 UML 2.0 WG in OMG's  Analysis and Design PTF, in support of this
goal.

 SC4 asks its member bodies and liaison organisations to support
these
 efforts adequately in OMG through their member companies and
 organisations."

 I think we need a comment from all members of SC 4 saying, that
the
 harmonisation of UML and EXPRESS is necessary in future. To give
this
 comment all SC 4 members have to contact there JTC 1 responsible
 colleagues.

:-) Bernd