ISO 10303-28 Experts Meeting in Washington

Christophe Viel cviel at club-internet.fr
Tue Jul 18 04:52:11 EDT 2000

Dear Colleagues,
In Bordeaux, the members of the project "XML binding to Express schemas and
data" decided to arrange an open experts meeting for a
page-turning review of the Part 28 DTS. The meeting will be at NIST,
Washington DC, August 28 to September 1 (five days).
All interested people are welcome to participate. Participants should
confirm to Peter Bergström <peter.bergstrom at eurostep.com> before August 23
and make their own hotel reservation.See details below.
Best regards
C Viel
ISO TC184/SC4/WG11 convener

> [...]
within
> the document, starting from the beginning.
>
> Documentation:
> The editor's working draft will be published on SOLIS as WG11 N128 well in
> advance to the meeting (it will be announced on the project mailing list
> xmlsc4 at nist.gov). The current working draft (pre-Bordeaux) is WG11 N111.
>
> Additional working documents are available on:
> ftp://cartman.aticorp.org/pub/PROGRAMS/P28.
> Log in with your email account as user name, and password "anonymous".
>
> To subscribe to the part 28 project mailing list, send a message to
> listproc at nist.gov. Specify the following in the message body:
>    subscribe xmlsc4 <your name>

--

> Directions to NIST (refer to attached Area map):
>
> >From Reagan National Airport, take the exit for George Washington Parkway
> North (toward Washington), and follow the Parkway (10 miles = 16 km) to
> I-495 East (to Maryland).  At the Y on I-495, take the left fork -- the
> I-270 spur -- to I-270.  Follow I-270 to exit 9, take exit 9 off the main
> traffic lanes, pass the I-370 fork and get off at MD 117.  (If you MISS
the
> 117 exit, get off at exit 11, MD 124 East, turn right at the 2nd light (MD
> 355) and then right at the next light (Perry Parkway), and then follow the
> road to its end at the next light and turn right onto MD 117, and then you
> will go under I-270 and past the entry/exit ramps.)  On 117, turn left at
> the first traffic light into the NIST main gate.
>
> >From Dulles Airport, take the Dulles access road toward Washington and
exit
> at the I-95/I-495 (Baltimore/Richmond) exit.  (The sign is over the road
1km
> before the exit, and the exit itself is unlabeled!)  The exit leads
> immediately to the "Dulles toll road" lanes, and you have to move to the
far
> right to reach the I-95/I-495 exit further on.  Take the I-495
> Baltimore/Bethesda exit lane (second from right).  Follow I-495 into
> Maryland.  At the Y on I-495, take the left fork -- the I-270 spur -- to
> I-270.  Follow I-270 to exit 9, take exit 9 off the main traffic lanes,
pass
> the I-370 fork and get off at MD 117.  (If you MISS the 117 exit, get off
at
> exit 11, MD 124 East, turn right at the 2nd light (MD 355) and then right
at
> the next light (Perry Parkway), and then follow the road to its end at the
> next light and turn right onto MD 117, and then you will go under I-270
and
> past the entry/exit ramps.)  On 117, turn left at the first traffic light
> into the NIST main gate.
>
> >From Baltimore-Washington Airport, follow the signs to I-95 South toward
> Washington.  Take I-95 to the exit for I-495 West (labeled Bethesda /
Silver
> Spring).  Follow I-495 to the exit for I-270 and exit onto I-270.  Follow
> I-270 to exit 9, take exit 9 off the main traffic lanes, pass the I-370
fork
> and get off at MD 117.  (If you MISS the 117 exit, get off at exit 11, MD
> 124 East, turn right at the 2nd light (MD 355) and then right at the next
> light (Perry Parkway), and then follow the road to its end at the next
light
> and turn right onto MD 117, and then you will go under I-270 and past the
> entry/exit ramps.)  On 117, turn left at the first traffic light into the
> NIST main gate.
>
> >From downtown Washington, go over one of the bridges (14th street is
usually
> the easiest) to Virginia and take the George Washington Parkway North
> (right) immediately you come off the bridge; follow it to I-495 East to
> Maryland.  At the Y on I-495, take the left fork -- the I-270 spur -- to
> I-270.  Follow I-270 to exit 9, take exit 9 off the main traffic lanes,
pass
> the I-370 fork and get off at MD 117.  (If you MISS the 117 exit, get off
at
> exit 11, MD 124 East, turn right at the 2nd light (MD 355) and then right
at
> the next light (Perry Parkway), and then follow the road to its end at the
> next light and turn right onto MD 117, and then you will go under I-270
and
> past the entry/exit ramps.)  On 117, turn left at the first traffic light
> into the NIST main gate.
>
> Directions to Building 101 (refer to attached Site map):
>
> Enter at the Main Gate (Gate "A").  The campus is open -- there is no one
> usually at the gate.   Turn left at the T intersection, follow the road
> around and turn left at the next intersection.  Then turn right
immediately
> into the large parking lot.  Building 101 is the large white building
across
> from the parking lot.  Come in the main entrance, turn left into the long
> corridor and about half way down turn right into a small cross-corridor.
> B-113 is on your right.
>
> Directions to the Holiday Inn and the Marriott Courtyard:
>
> Follow the directions above to I-270, but get off at exit 11 (MD-124 East)
> instead of exit 9/10.  At the second traffic light (MD-355), the Holiday
Inn
> is on the far left corner.  Turn left at the light and right into the
> parking lot.  For the Courtyard, stay on MD-124 and turn left at the next
> light, and into the parking lot.
>
> To reach NIST from the hotel, come out of the parking lot turning right
onto
> Montgomery Village Avenue (aka Quince Orchard Road), which becomes MD-124
at
> the traffic light. Take MD-124 back UNDER I-270, and turn left at the
second
> traffic light, onto MD-117 (Clopper Road).  (There is a NIST sign on the
far
> left corner.)  At the next traffic light on MD-117 turn right into the
NIST