[step-manufacturing] EXTERNAL: Re: [EXTERNAL] Reminder: UUIDs for the digital thread

Bryan Fischer brfischer at tdp360.com
Fri Apr 26 14:24:23 EDT 2024

As I mentioned, I think digital thread is an imprecise term, jargon that has had many meanings. I’ve heard it used to describe a concept (e.g. the digital thread), as something ubiquitous (e.g. a digital communication medium, I’m thinking of the 19th century idea of “the aether”), and as a discrete line of communication (obviously some people believe there is more than one thread, hence “n” threads, and want to use the term digital thread to mean one specific thread). I also question whether the connection and communication must be digital. I assume digital is state of the art, but analog and quantum methods also exist. No problem. If you want to use the terms by all means do. I am just sharing my opinion. See below. 😊

[cid:image002.png at 01DA97CC.48132DF0]

Best Regards,

Bryan Fischer

TDP360 LLC