[step-manufacturing] Results of yesterdays telecon

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Thu Aug 11 12:37:03 EDT 2022

All,

Thanks for a very productive meeting yesterday.

The attached slides are the ones I sent on Monday with your comments
added. I look forward to further discussions.

In other news, AP238 Edition 3 finished its ballot successfully, and is
now the new version of the standard.

Edition 3 is a small update to synchronize AP238 with SMRL v9 and AP242
Edition 3. The SMRL is the common library used by all the STEP AP's.

We will now begin work on the next edition which is going to have some
very significant updates for additive manufacturing and digital twinning.

In the near future all complex products will have a digital twin because
they enhance quality control, and improve manufacturing efficiency.

--
Martin Hardwick
President STEP Tools, Inc.