[step-manufacturing] Interesting standard for Hardware Identifiers

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri Jan 7 17:15:29 EST 2022

All,

A draft standard for hardware identifiers is attached.

It describes protocols for uniquely identifying hardware items which are
some of the items that we want to digital twin.

The standard is in multiple parts. Another part describes protocols for
identifying software items. Perhaps we can make a part for identifying
engineering requirement items.

If there is a system for managing these identifiers, then perhaps we can
include it in a future testing project.

Martin

--
Martin Hardwick