[step-manufacturing] Minutes of October 17 telecon

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Thu Oct 18 11:52:19 EDT 2018

Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Gordon Shao, NIST, USA
Larry Maggiano, Mitutoyo, USA
Thanh Hyun, Okuma, USA
Liming Li, JSL Innovations, USA
Clinton Christian, Renishaw, Canada
Bengt Olssen, Sandvik, Sweden
Alain Brail, AIrbus (retired), France
John Bijnens, KU Leuven, Belgium
Rudi Grutke, Iscar, Israel
Jung-Ho Cho, Hyundai, Korea
Hakchul Lee, Hyundai, Korea

We assigned team members to the Use Case scenarios (attached). Team
members are shown in light blue if they are suggestions and in bold red
if they are commitments.

We reviewed the new roles and responsibilities document (attached). The
consensus of the team is for a lightweight organization with
responsibilities for governance being rotated between team leaders.
Publicity management is the exception because of the requirement for
strong media skills.

We will move forward on the Digital Twin Part 21. An organizational
meeting is to be held on Tuesday in Chicago.

Martin Hardwick
Convener WG15 Digital Manufacturing

_Action Items_
Review the Use Cases and nominate your organization for bold red
designation (commitment), and other organizations for light blue
designation (suggestion).