[step-manufacturing] Minutes of October 10 telecon

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Wed Oct 10 17:24:50 EDT 2018

Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
Bob Erickson, Pratt & Whitney, USA
Gordon Shao, NIST, USA
Bengt Olssen, Sandvik, Sweden
Thomas Lundholm, KTH, Sweden
Darya Botkin, KTH, Sweden
Magnus Lundgren, KTH, Sweden
Alain Brail, AIrbus (retired), France
Pierre Duchier AIrbus (contractor), France
Christian Callet, Datakit, France
John Bijnens, KU Leuven, Belgium
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Dong Yone Lee, Korea

We reviewed the Use Case Scenarios developed by David Odendahl of Boeing
(sent in a previous e-mail). We agreed the next step should be gathering
inputs for additional scenarios. *_These are requested by Friday_*.

We reviewed the possible requirement for tools with multiple models. We
agreed that an application might need to make use of multiple tool
models to meet the requirements of difference scenarios such a force
computation, collision detection, etc. However, we decided that a
STEP-NC Project would not need to indicate which model should be used
for each workingstep, so the requirement is already being met by the
current ability of STEP to include alternate models for a product.

We reviewed the proposal for a new version of Part 21 to support digital
twinning and the digital thread. This was a first presentation so no
firm decisions were made. It was suggested that the new standard should
be a part of ISO 23247 because its scope will include QIF, MTConnect and
other data formats. It was recommended to use ZIP files to bundle the
multiple formats. A session on the topic will be included in the WG11
and WG15 schedules for Chicago (latest attached).

Martin