[step-manufacturing] Minutes of June 20th telecon

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Tue Jun 26 10:54:14 EDT 2018

Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
Liming Li, JSL Innovations, USA
Larry Maggiano, Mitutoyo, USA
John Horst, NIST USA
Gordon Shao, NIST, USA
Vincent Marchetti, Ameritech, USA
Udo Herbes, DMG, USA
Michael Kirbach, DMG Germany
Daniel, Niederwestberg, DMG, Germany
John Bijnens, KU Leuven, Belgium
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Bengt Olssen, Sandvik, Sweden
Rudi Grutke, Iscar, Israel
Junghorn Cho, Hyundai, Korea
Hakchul Lee, Hyundai, Korea
Jay Um, Dfg, Korea,
Clinton Christian, Renishaw, Canada
Sergiusz Sobieski, TZ Implements, Poland

We discussed the digital twin models that have been put onto the public
cloud site in Montreal.

http://fishhead.steptools.com:8081/ (Stage 1 - Okuma)
http://fishhead.steptools.com:8082/ (Stage 2  - Hyundai)
http://fishhead.steptools.com:8083/ (Stage 3  - Makino)
http://fishhead.steptools.com:8084/ (Stage 4  - DMG)

We agreed to complete the models by adding the DMG fixture in the next
week and observed that the kinematics of the head needs to be reversed.

We agreed that testing with an MTConnect stream from DMG would begin
after June 26th.

We discussed the face to face meeting on July 25th and agreed that
technical coordination should be given a higher priority so the meeting
will be held in the lab at Boeing in Renton.

The next meeting will be held at the regular times on June 27th.

Martin Hardwick
Convener Digital Manufacturing