[step-manufacturing] Minutes of April 25 telecon

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Sun Apr 29 13:24:05 EDT 2018

Attendees:

Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Leon Xu, Boeing, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Ted Driggs, Okuma, USA
Liming Li, JSL Innovations, USA
Larry Maggiano, Mitutoyo, USA
Paul Huang, Navy.,USA
Jay Palmer, Siemens, USA
Bob Ericksson, P&W, USA
Clinton Christian, Renishaw, Canada
Daniel, Niederwestberg, DMG, Germany
Michael Kirbach, DMG, Germany
Alain Brail, Airbus (retired), France
Christian Callet, Datakit, France
Bengt Olssen, Sandvik, Sweden
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Norm Swindells, Ferroday, UK

We reviewed the stage models. The first and second models conform to
expectations but the the third needs work because its tooling
requirements are more restrictive than the fourth stage.

We reviewed the tooling suggestions which are the following:

Tool1: DC=50mm RE=4mm cutter

1piece RAL90-050HA06-16H

4pieces KPHT 15 04 40 FR-CM H13A

(4 extra inserts are included as well.

Tool2: 1/2” solid drill (use collet your own collet chuck for this)

1piece 860.1-1270-038A1-NM H10F

Tool3: DC=20mm RE=2.5mm solid cutter (2 flutes)

1piece 930-HA06-HD-25-110

1piece 393.CGS-25 19.7 56

1piece 2S221-2000-250-NG H10F

Tool4: DC=16mm RE=2mm solid cutter (2 flutes)

1piece 930-HA06-HD-20-104

1piece 393.CGS-20 15.7 50

1piece 2S221-1600-200-NG H10F

We reviewed the fourth stage tolerances.  The tolerances were defined in
CATIA and were transferred to STEP with a few exceptions. We agreed that
the touch probe points shown on the model are for CMM verification only.
Many fewer will be required for on machine verification.

Martin Hardwick
Convener WG15 Digital Manufacturing

Action Items

1. David Odendahl to correct the stage models in CATIA.

2. Bengt Olsson to deliver the tooling to Boeing.

3. Michael Kirbach to make a machining solution.