[step-manufacturing] Minutes of December 13 conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri Dec 15 13:26:38 EST 2017

Attendees:

Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Jumyung um, POSTECH, Korea
Christian Caillet, Datakit, France
Alain Brail, AIrbus (retired), France
Sergiusz Sobieski, TIZ IMPLEMENTS, Poland
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Magnus Lundgren, KTH, Sweden
Larry Maggiano, Mitutoyo, USA
Liming Li, MIcroencoder, USA
Bob Ericksson, Pratt & Whitney, USA
John Horst, NIST USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing USA

US comments for the NWI for "Digital Twin manufacturing frameworks" are
due by December 20.

We reviewed the new machining model for fishhead. The model is not yet
finished and one of the goals is to compete a full model extraction for
CATIA that includes part models, tolerances and tooling.

The early draft is on the web site at: http://fishhead.steptools.com:8080/

You can view this draft using any web browser except IE. Let us know if
you find any issues with the user interface because we think we are
closing in on the remaining bugs and need to know about any remaining
ones for long distance users.

We reviewed the results of the Swedish project “MPQP - Model driven
process and quality planning” that address the use of AP242 for PPAP
(Production Part Approval Process) incl. PFMEA and Control plans. The
project participants was KTH, Scania, Coromant, Saab Aero, Volvo Cars
and Leax.

This is a public presentation shared with us because of the
communication difficulties we were having on Wednesday. It is the
results of a research project, so if some content is used outside of the
presentation, please include a reference to the source material.

The next conference call will be on Wednesday January 3rd one week later
than normal due to the Christmas break.

Many thanks to all the participants for all their splendid contributions
over the last year.

Martin Hardwick
Convenor WG15