[step-manufacturing] Minutes of November 15 conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Thu Nov 16 12:08:33 EST 2017

Attendees:

Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Alain Brail, Airbus (retired), France
Christian Caillet, Datakit, France
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Magnus Lundgren, KTH, Sweden
Darya Botkina, KTH Sweden
IIP, KTH, Sweden
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Larry Maggiano, Mitutoyo, USA
Liming Li, MIcroencoder, USA
Bob Ericksson, Pratt & Whitney, USA
Will Sobel, System Insights, USA
John Horst, NIST USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing USA

We discussed the results of the Jeju meeting. We agreed that AP238 E2
should be completed on an accelerated schedule to enable prompt
implementation by industry. We agreed that WG15 would like to be the ISO
home for QIF. We agreed that the NWIP for the digital twin manufacturing
framework by Korea (see attachment) is an exciting new proposal that
should be supported by WG15.

We discussed the preparation plans for IMTS 2018 and JIMTOF 2018 (see
second attachment). The master schedule from these slides is copied
below. The action items for the next conference call are shown on the
last page of the slides.

Martin Hardwick
Convenor WG15
•Clean up fishheaddata / model – Nov 30th?
•Mitutoyo tolerances – Nov 30th
•Boeing defined fixturing – Nov 30th
•Boeing defined reference points – Nov 30th
•Boeing defined wsnames – Nov 30th
•Boeing to divide into rough1, rough2, semi-finish, and finish
•Complete extract of AP238 from CATIA – Dec 31st
•_Finalize write-up – Jan 31__st___
•Confirm support/funding – Feb 1st
•Visits to Boeing to see STEP-NC production machining, and machining of
the fishheadtest part
•Visit 1 – Feb 15 (DMG?)
•Visit 2 – Feb 28 (Makino?)
•Visit 3 – March 15
•Visit 4 – March 31
•Finalization of commitments May 1st
•After this you may be able to join but we may not be able to help you
•Completion of detailed planning of the show logistics July 1st