[step-manufacturing] Minutes of September 20 conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri Sep 22 10:45:59 EDT 2017

Attendees:
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
Thanh Huynh, Okuma, USA
Larry Maggiano, Mitutoyo, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
John Horst, NIST USA
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Alain Brail, Airbus (reitred), France
Christian Caillet, Datakit, France
Jumyumg Um, POSTECH, Korea
John Horst, NIST USA,
Curtis Brown, KCP, USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
Leon Xu, Boeing USA

We discussed the working draft of Edition 2 of AP238:
https://github.com/stepmfg/ap238e2 - Document Source
https://stepmfg.github.io/ap238e2/ - Viewable Version

The current version shows the text of edition 1 updated to use the new
technology. The next task is to integrate the changes developed during
the testing to create a complete working document. After that we must
divide into modules so that extensions can be developed for the
different units of functionality.

We discussed the IMTS 2018 grand challenge:
    http://fishhead.steptools.com:8080/

We propose to machine the part at multiple booths around the show. The
machining will be stopped at convenient points during the roughing and
started again on a new machine. At the end of the machining the part
will be measured for conformance to its AP242 tolerances on a CMM.
Measurements will be taken at the end of each machining stage using the
digital twin.

We discussed the schedule for the Korea meeting.  The first day will
focus on the proposal for  new federated architecture for STEP,
MTConnect and QIF. The second day will be hands on demonstrations for
Edition 1. The third day will be a discussion of the working draft for
Edition 2.

The next conference call will be on Wednesday October 4th.

Martin Hardwick
Convenor ISO WG15 Digital Manufacturing