[step-manufacturing] Minutes of February 8th conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Mon Feb 13 06:02:27 EST 2017

Attendees
--------------

John 	Bijnens
sid 	venkatesh
Vincent 	Marchetti
Ted 	Driggs
Leon 	Xu
Jumyung 	UM
Michael 	Howard
Everett 	Nelson
Larry 	Maggiano
Christian 	Caillet
Bruce 	Worthington
Dan 	Finke
David 	Loffredo
Mikael 	Hedlind
Martin 	Hardwick
Rivai 	wardhani
Bengt 	Olsson

We discussed the digital thread demonstrations to be given on the web on
March 1st, and on the machine on May 23.

The following picture shows the architecture proposed for the two
demonstrations. On March 1st we will measure virtual models from
previously recorded MTConnect data. On May 23 we will measure machined
models at the DMDII in Chicago.

We used a webinar system for the conference call so that we could
practice hosting an event before the March 1st demonstration. The
webinar system gives the host more control over the participants
including authority over their mute button. We need to be careful to
un-mute each participant as they join the call.

A recording of the conference call is at:
ftp://downloads.steptools.com/private/JWG15/Cycle8/WG15_STEP%20Manufacturing_20170208.mp4

The next conference call will be held at the regular times on Wednesday
February 22nd. We will use the webinar system again so you will need to
register with the invite.

Martin Hardwick
Convener WG15 Digital Manufacturing