[step-manufacturing] Minutes of November 2nd conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Sat Nov 5 14:39:21 EDT 2016

Attendees
--------------

Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Joe Fritz, STEP Tools, USA
Samson Bonfante, STEP Tools, USA
Magnus Lundgren, KTH, Sweden
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Christian Callet, Datakit, France
Pierre Duchier, Airbus, France
John Bijnens, KU Leuven, Belgium
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Ted Driggs, Okuma, USA
Thanh Huynh, Okuma USA
Larry Maggiano, Miututoyo, USA
Asa Trainer, ITI, USA

We reviewed the digital thread video: https://youtu.be/Mjzg5nku5Lg

We discussed the integration of AP242 and ISO 13399. The key benefit is
that it allows the tooling properties to be shown on a tool model. We
agreed that model based tools should be used for the February demonstration.

We discussed the scenario for the February demonstration. Detecting a
power surge due to excessive tool wear is problematic for small tools.
Therefore, we decided to measure the tool wear using the elapsed
manufacturing time.

Measuring part using calipers is also problematic because it requires
operator intervention. Therefore, we will measure using on machine probe
cycles. We would like to report the probe results using MTConnect. This
will require new tags to be inserted into the MTConnect data stream.

A recording of this call is at the following web site :
ftp://downloads.steptools.com/private/JWG15/Cycle8/WG15_STEP_Manufacturing_20161102.mp4

The next conference call will be held at the regular times on Wednesday
November 16th.

Martin Hardwick
Convener WG15 Digital Manufacturing

Action Items