[step-manufacturing] Reminder conference call today to discuss the second test results

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Wed Aug 31 04:45:49 EDT 2016

All,

The conference call is this Wednesday at the regular times - 7AM
Pacific, 10AM Eastern, 3PM UK and 4PM Europe. The contact details are
repeated below for those of you who do not use an electronic calendar.

We will discuss the second machining results for the following test
data. This data should be accessible to anyone with a browser or smart
phone:

http://swim.steptools.com:8085/

Category 	Item 	Description 	Date 	Notes
Setup 	Stock specificaions 	Got stock height wrong.It is 95.9 not
88.9.Added 7mm to Z location so bottom of block is -92mm. 	8/27/2016
Web interface 	Datum surfaces 	How do you see the datum surfaces B, D,
E, G during setup 1?It will help to see how to rotate the part for setup
2. 	8/27/2016 	See STEP-NC Machine
NC program 	Small cutter for sides 	Why do we use the 10mm cutter
instead of the 16mm for surfacing the sides during setup 1? 	8/27/2016
NC program 	Climb cutting 	Still appears to be conventional milling on
sides during setup 1. 	8/27/2016
NC program 	Aggressive cut top 	Seems like setup 1, pass 1 has a more
aggressive cut when surfacing the top.Could be just our imagination.
8/27/2016
NC program 	Coolant 	Coolant on code was for flood.Would like to use
thru-tool coolant. 	8/27/2016
NC program 	Aggressive cut sides 	First pass on the sides is heavy.
8/27/2016
NC program 	Additional passes 	Final passes on setup 1 sides has two
passes separated by a very small amount. 	8/27/2016
NC program 	Aggressive first pass 	Setup 2:Heavy first pass on surface
8/27/2016
NC program 	Aggressive cut pocket 	Setup 2:Heavy cuts in pocket.Noisy in
corners 	8/27/2016
NC program 	Drill 	Drill used was high-speed-steel.Drill badly
worn.Shaft was galled from rotating in collet.Holes were not fully
drilled 	8/27/2016
Video 	Different positions 	Tried different locations of video but still
gets sprayed heavily. 	8/27/2016
NC program 	Varying step amount during surfacing 	Why is third pass step
is greater than second step? 	8/27/2016 	See STEP-NC Machine
Relief on cutter 	How to manage the upper and lower reliefs 	Should we
reduce the depth of cut? How much? 	8/30/2016 	See slides

The referenced slides are at:
ftp://downloads.steptools.com/private/JWG15/Mukilteo/Boxy%202016-08-27.pptx

7AM Pacific, 10AM Eastern, 3PM UK, 4PM Europe
1. Please join my meeting.
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/285940474

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.
Or, call in using your telephone.

Australia: +61 2 6108 4655
Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 1403
Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 4294