[step-manufacturing] Apologies for cancelled meeting and quick summary of progress

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Mon Mar 7 10:20:59 EST 2016

All,

Many apologies for cancelling the meeting this week.  Unfortunately it
coincides with the time of a flight I will be making on that day.

We are making steady progress on our system for Transparent Inspected
Manufacturing (TIM) but not much of it is visible yet.

If you would like to see some further advances I recommend downloading
the latest version of STEP-NC Machine (12.9).
http://www.steptools.com/products/stepncmachine/download/

It has support for a new robot (Universal Robot UR3) and it has much
improved functionality for finding the geometric items associated with a
semantic tolerance.

You can test this functionality with the NIST test files 1 thru 4, but
not 5 which has a known issue with a common datum.
http://www.nist.gov/el/msid/infotest/mbe-pmi-validation.cfm

Martin Hardwick
Convener TC184/SC4 Advisory Group 1 (Digital Manufacturing)