[step-manufacturing] Minutes of February 10th conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Wed Feb 17 10:22:09 EST 2016

Attendees
--------------
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Samson Bonfante, STEP Tools, USA
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Pierre Duchier, Airbus, France
Jean Brange, Boost-Conseil, France
JuMyung, POSTECH, Korea
Leon Xu, Boeing, USA
Tom Raun, Iscar, USA
Bob Erickson, Pratt and Whitney, USA
Dan Finke, Penn State University, USA
Vincent Marchetti, Ameritech, USA
Thanh Huynh, Okuma, USA
Larry Maggiano, Miututoyo, USA
Michael Howard, UILabs, USA

We discussed the results of the PSU workshop. We agreed to focus on the
optimization of individual operations for the October 5th demonstration.
We agreed that we will need a tool to make the ISO 13399 tool assemblies
for that demonstration.
ftp://downloads.steptools.com/private/JWG15/Cycle7/Boxy-operations-geometry.emcx-9
ftp://downloads.steptools.com/private/JWG15/Cycle7/Boxy_Part_5-Axis_Machining_2_Setups_v5_GCODE_Import.stpnc

We looked at the latest demonstration of the REST framework. The system
is now able to change workingsteps provided the new operation uses the
same tool as the previous workingstep.
http://www.steptools.com/demos/mtc/

We looked at the MTConnect data produced by the Boeing machine tool. The
given sample reports results every 3 seconds. We would like for the
results to be reported every 10 milliseconds.
ftp://downloads.steptools.com/private/JWG15/Cycle7/MTConnect_DMG.xlsx

We agreed to contact our national bodies to ask them to ensure that
STEP-NC is included in the review being made by the ISO special advisory
committee on Industry 4.0.
ftp://downloads.steptools.com/private/JWG15/Cycle7/ISO-TMBG-SAG_I40_N0071_Project_plan_and_deliverables_SAG_I4.pdf

We finished the call by looking at the following interesting video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgEQngIuifQ

A recording of this conference call is at the URL below:
ftp://downloads.steptools.com/private/JWG15/Cycle7/JWG_15_20160210.mp4

The next meeting will be at the regular times on February 27th.

Apologies for the late delivery of these minutes. I was out of town and
unable to complete their production due to slow connectivity issues.

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader