[step-manufacturing] No call this week --- First cut at detailed agenda for the industry day on October 21

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Mon Aug 31 10:10:06 EDT 2015

All,

Unfortunately there will be no conference call this week because I have
a conflict. The next call will be on August 9th.

I have continued to work on the agenda for the Industry day and the
current draft is shown below with two slots still to be determined (TBD).

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader

*_Day 3 Wednesday October 21^st – /Industry Day Presentations/_*

For Registration http://www.eccma.org/2015tc184sc4/

/
/

*/Technology demonstrations will be given during the breaks/*

08:00AM*TC 184/SC4 Plenary Meetings*

//

09:00AM*Industry Testing of Digital Manufacturing*

/1.//USA Projects (AP238 and STEP-Manufacturing)/

v/David Odendahl, Boeing Airplane/

/2.//EU Projects (ISO 14649)/

v/Aydin Nassehi, University of Bath/

10:00AMBreak – Technology demonstrations

10:30AM*Industry Requirements for Digital Manufacturing*

/3.//Additive Manufacturing Requirements (TC 261)/

v/TBD/

/4.//Quality Assurance Requirements (PPAP)/

v/Mikael Hedlind, Scania/

/5.//Design Requirements (Industry 4.0 and AP242)/

v/Max Ungerer, ProSTEP/

//

12:00PMLunch

01:00PM*Digital Manufacturing Applications*

/1.//Eliminating the post processor/

v/Jim Kosmala, Okuma/

/2.//Enabling cloud services/

v/Dan Finke, Penn State/

v/Graham Hemingway, Vanderbilt/

/3.//Integration with measurement devices/

v/Larry Maggiano, Mitutoyo/

/4.//Machining more efficiently/

v/Bengt Olsson, Sandvik/

v/Tom Raun, Iscar Metals/

//

03:00PMBreak – Technology demonstrations

03:30PM*Getting Started Projects*

/1.//Process Optimization and STEP-NC Simulation/

v/David Loffredo, STEP Tools/

/2.//MTConnect and 3D Machine Tool Monitoring/

v/Sid Venkatesh, Boeing Airplane/

v/Will Sobel, System Insights/

/3.//AP242 Translation to enable QIF Measurement/

v/Asa Trainer, ITI/

/4.//Tamper Proof Machining and Copyright Protection/

v/TBD, US Army/

//

05:00PMClose

06:00PM*Technology demonstrations close*

In break room

TBDSocial Event

*_
_*