[step-manufacturing] Minute of May 27th conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri May 29 16:02:28 EDT 2015

Attendees
--------------
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Alia Brail, Airbus (retired), France
Christian Caillet, Datakit, France
Thanh Hynh, Okuma, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
Leon Xu, Boeing, USA
Graham Hemingway, Vanderbilt, USA
Dan Finke, Penn State, USA
Larry Maggiano, Mitutoyo, USA

We agreed that it is time to write a press release and possibly also a
tutorial for the Digital Manufacturing day. We will contact DMDII, OMAC
and MTConnect to get their assistance in publicizing the day. We will
also contact industry periodicals such as Control Engineering, Modern
Machine Shop and Automation Weekly.

We discussed the development of the new edition. The team needs more
time to evaluate the potential of using EXPRESS constants in the
standard.  Boeing has developed a list of the parameters that it uses in
its machining applications. We determined that we should check ISO 14649
for definitions for each of these parameters.

ftp://ftp.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_6/Proposed_AP238_Parameters.docx

A recording of this conference calls is on the web site at the address
below:
ftp://ftp.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_6/stepmanuf_telecon_20150527.wmv

The next conference call is planned for Wednesday June 10th.

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader ISO STEP-Manufacturing