[step-manufacturing] Minutes of June 11th conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Thu Jun 12 12:29:04 EDT 2014

Attendees
--------------
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Mikael Tedeborg, Sandvik, Sweden
Julie Huang, Sandvik, Sweden
Kevin Warren, Sandvik, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Bob Ericksson, Pratt & Whitney, USA
Christian Callet, Datakit, France
Alain Brail, Airbus (retired), France
Jim Kosmala, Okuma, USA
Thanh Huynh, Okuma, USA
Bob Baldizzi, Okuma, USA
Paul Kingsley, Okuma, USA
Rod Tojdowski, Okuma, USA
Thanh Huynh, Okuma, USA
Vincent Marchetti, Ameritech, USA
Yin Lampard Zhang, University of Auckland, New Zealand

We reviewed the new HardMoldy data. The new data has an Okuma fixture
and is the first to use semantic tolerance data exported from Catia.
ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_4/v4_IMTS_HARDMOLDY.zip

We discussed the draft press release. The release will have the greatest
impact on the IMTS attendees if it is released in August. Okuma will
manage this process. For trade publications an earlier release is
necessary to make their September issues. OMAC will manage this process.

We discussed integration of the STEP-NC Explorer with the Okuma Thinc
API. STEP Tools will build an internal data structure to maintain
synchronization with the volume removal simulation.

A recording of the call is on the ftp site.
ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_4/stepmanuf_telecon_20140611.wmv

The next conference call will be held at the regular times on Wednesday
June 18th.

Action Items
1. David Odendahl and Jim Kosmala to prepare a script for the daily 15
minute demonstration.
2. STEP Tools to integrate the STEP-NC Explorer with the Thinc API.
3. OMAC to prepare marketing materials.