[step-manufacturing] Minutes of May 21 Conference Call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Thu May 22 12:21:24 EDT 2014

Attendees
--------------
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Magnug Lundgren, KTH, Sweden
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Kevin Warren, Sandvik, USA
Mike Restall, Sandvik, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
Alain Brail, Airbus (retired), France
Jim Kosmala, Okuma, USA
Rod Tojdowski, Okuma, USA
Thanh Huynh, Okuma, USA
Bob Baldizzi, Okuma, USA
Joe Alhafi, Okuma, USA
Matt Roux, Okuma, USA
Ron Raniszewski, Okuma, USA

We agreed on the following

1. Spreadsheet results for the process optimizations will be made vendor
neutral before they are widely distributed
           We will say who the vendors are
           We will NOT say which vendor produced which results
           Any knowledgeable user will be able to determine so quite
quickly by looking at the data

2. We want to have a first version of the new model/process ready by
next week (5/28)
          Sandvik has already made its first version
          Iscar has received the spindle data and is making a new version
          STEP Tools and Boeing will make cosmetic improvements to the
rest of the model (new fixture, more tolerance documentation).

3. Boeing has not yet sent any tooling or blanks to Okuma, Iscar or Sandvik
         Okuma is keen to get started as soon as possible
         Need to start proving things so that they can get their
pre-show publicity machine up and running.
         The Sandvik rep will be visiting soon and they will be
contacting their Iscar rep

A recording of the call is on the ftp site.
ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_3/stepmanuf_telecon_20140521.wmv

The next conference call will be held at the regular times on Wednesday
May 28th

Action Items
1. Sid Venkatesh to send all available blanks to Okuma so that they can
begin machining tests.
2. Martin Hardwick to prepare new version of Moldy with the new process data