[step-manufacturing] Free ST-Developer (PE) for research, testing and teaching

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Thu Jan 9 12:44:50 EST 2014

Dear All,

Hope you had a great holiday break and are enjoying the New Year.

Now that Boeing is in development to use AP238 in production processes, we are anticipating an exceptional year for STEP in Manufacturing.

Therefore, we are changing our licensing policy to make a personal edition of ST-Developer freely available for research, testing and teaching.

Some examples of the kinds of  projects that you may wish to consider testing include CAM data exchange, automated assembly, tolerance evaluation, process optimization, product model augmented reality and digital machining. You may also use want to evaluate the new STEP-AM model for additive manufacturing (ISO 14649-17).

The URL for the personal edition will be added to our home page sometime in the next two weeks. In the mean time you will find extensive documentation on the site for all our tools including our new meshing library.

http://www.steptools.com/support/stdev_docs/stixmesh/

We will be making multiple updates as we complete our DARPA sponsored simulation service. Please return whenever you can to check for these updates. And of course if you need priority for any of our support services then we will be glad to discuss the options.

Martin Hardwick
President STEP Tools, Inc.
Professor of Computer Science, RPI
Team Leader ISO STEP-Manufacturing