[step-manufacturing] Minutes of November 18 Conference Call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Sun Nov 20 19:39:22 EST 2011

Attendees
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Vincent Marchini, Ameritech, USA
Mikael Hedlind, KTH, Sweden
Andreas Archenti, KTH, Sweden
Fred Proctor, NIST, USA
John Horst, NIST, USA

Apologies for absence
Aydin Nassehi, University of Bath, UK
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Robert Erickson, Pratt and Whitney, USA

A project had been funded by the EU to develop/complete the STEP-NC
model for wire discharge machines. The University of Bath and TU Aachen
are both participating. The project is being lead by a Hungarian
research center.

http://www.stepman.eu

The next SC4 meeting will be held from June 10 to 15 in Stockholm,
Sweden . STEP Manufacturing has been invited to participate in an
industry day to be held on Wednesday June 13, and in a
STEP-Manufacturing demonstration day to be given on Thursday June 14 at KTH.

ftp://ftp.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/TC184_SC4_Stockholm_Juni_2012_(T24_presentation_2011-11-18).pdf

The timing seems good for several of our projects including the CAM data
exchange project, the machine tool kinematics project and the web
interfaces project.

For the CAM data exchange project we have an Esprit CAM file for an Army
part and Fred Proctor will work with the Army to get a Mastercam version
made.

For the kinematics data exchange, KTH has made an AP-242 file describing
the kinematics of a DMG 50 and STEP Tools is working to extend its
infrastructure so that it can read this data  instead of the home-grown
XML file that is currently being processed.

For the web interfaces project we briefly discussed the presentation XML
file produced by STEP Tools for Boxy. A similar file has since been made
by Vincent Marchini of Ameritech.

http://spri.kshell.com/view/stepnc/workplans/con/dm03122010a
ftp://ftp.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Boxy_Operations.xml

These files are an easy way to access the different facets of our
manufacturing data sets from WebGL (HTML5) applications.

The next conference call will be held at the regular times on December
2nd. My apologies  because I forgot to make the GoTo meeting recording.

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader STEP-Manufacturing