[step-manufacturing] Agenda for Conference Call this Wednesday featuring Machine Tool Model Builder and Volume Removal Simulator

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Mon Feb 21 10:02:57 EST 2011

All,

We will return to our regular bi-weekly conference call this Wednesday.
Here is the proposed agenda:

1. KTH Machine Tool Model Builder -  demonstration and discussion

"Using Siemens NX7 we define the kinematic mechanism of a 3-axis machine
tool and "label" the surfaces for fixture on table and tool in spindle
using PMI notations. We then export geometry, kinematics and use
General_feature for the surface labeling according to AP214. From this
dataset we extract the information needed and create the machine tool
configuration XML file for ST-Machine and can use it for Boxy machining
simulation etc. "

See the attachment for an image of one of the tools that they have been
able to build (there is a small issue with the Fixture placement).

2.  DARPA "Quantities of One" Volume Removal Simulation - demonstration
and discussion

The STEP Tools SBIR project to build a "National Simulation Service" has
now been running for almost three months and we can share some
preliminary results showing volume removal simulation using both a
Voxel/Octree based approach and a Delaunay triangulation volume removal
approach.

See attachments for examples of the two types of simulation

Martin

The bi-weekly conference call is this Wednesday February 23 at 4:30PM
France, 10:30AM Eastern and 7:30AM Western . See below for connection
information.

1.  Please join the meeting:_
__https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/287404987_

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.
  Or, call in using your telephone.

Australia: +61 (0) 2 8014 4936
Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 1404
Belgium: +32 (0) 42 68 0697